It is worth noting that Ministry of Science, Research and Technology Higher Education Development Council, has agreed with the generalities of establishment of D-8 International University affiliated to Bu-Ali Sina University in meeting held on July 16, 2016 and the issue has been served to Bu Ali Sina University under letter No. 2/102957 on August 9, 2016 and the copy was sent to the Management and Planning Organization.
1. Advancement of goals specified in the D-8 roadmap under the title "Science, Technology and Innovation";
2. Training and developing human resource in the prioritized areas of the D-8 governments;
3. Strengthening the status of Muslim developing countries in the world through higher education and science and technology development;
4. Sharing knowledge among intellectuals, academics and scientists in developing countries in the Islamic world.
Mission and Functions
1. Admission of students from all around the world, development of different fields of higher education, issuance and grant of academic degrees and certificates, holding short-term courses leading to obtaining a degree and issuing and awarding other academic degrees;
2. Conducting research projects, holding conferences, seminars, workshops, awarding prizes and other international academic and scientific events;
3. International cooperation, publishing journals and newsletters and organizing cultural programs to strengthen cultural exchanges among D-8 nations;
4. Awarding scholarships, exchange of students, professors and providing fellowships;
5. Offering consultations to the countries, organization and the other applicants in the fields of education, science, technology and innovation;
6. Conducting research programs to determine the priorities and educational needs, science and technology of D-8;
7. The establishment of specialized centers and branches in order to facilitate sharing of knowledge, support the industry-university relationship and enhancing the standards of education among the D-8 countries;
8. Training manpower needed for D-8 nations.
The founder University will supply the funds necessary for the establishment and survival of D-8 University with the support of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran as the host. After a period of 4 to 8 years, the International Board of Trustees of University will make decisions on the share of member countries from the costs of the administrative affairs of the University.
Financial resources of the university are provided from the following cases:
(A): Funds financed through the founder University;
(B) Special financial assistance of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran;
(C) Contribution of member countries;
(D) Student tuition, revenue from short courses and holding scientific projects and events;
(E) Assistance of the D-8 secretariat, other organizations and international bodies, public and private donors, grants and other sources, with the approval of the board of trustees.